JOEL MAINA KAIRU
ENG. SAMUEL M. MWAURA
- County transport including County Roads.
- Designing documentation, post contract
- Project management & constructions
- Maintenance of Public buildings and other infrastructural sources
- Construction of footbridges
- County public roads development
- County transport policy management.
- Licensing of public transport operations
- Mechanical & transport equipment
- Management & maintenance of access roads
- Management and maintenance of street lighting
- Control of traffic flow and parking
- Storm water drains management.
- Firefighting & Disaster Management.
Perform any other function assigned by H.E. the Governor/County Executive
- Bachelor of Arts in building Economics & Management U.O.N
- Master of Arts in project planning management U.O.N
- Currently pursuing a PHD in project planning and management U.O.N
- Registered quantity surveyor –BORAQS of Kenya lead expert in Environmental Impact EIA/EA NEMA (EIA-Environmental Impact Assesment,EA – Environmental Audit
- Associate of chartered Institute of Arbitrates Kenya Associates(CIarb)
- In charge of roads/transport & public works under the Roads sector
- Strategic leader (SDLP) from KSG
- Monitoring and evaluation (AMREF)
- EIA/EA Nazarene University
- Responsibility of county roads i.e. Rural roads, opening up of access roads.
In 2013,CRA had carried out a survey of status of roads in all 47 counties,Nakuru county was rated 42 out of 47,I am motivated by that, we aim to make a change in the next 4 years & be ranked among top 5 .
We aim to employ different strategies to achieve this:
- Increase our capacity i.e. Operate our own equipment .g dozers
- Hire equipment from ministry of roads & from private sector
- Use of labour based road construction methods so as to enhance employment
- Constructing short roads at a time, grading, gravelling and compacting them for long term results as opposed to upgrading roads that after three months are back to a bad state
- Plan to have all weather roads in the next 5 years
- Constructing key roads e.g 70KM road project underway from Kiptangwanyi to Maela a place with very high agricultural potential but the produce goes to waste due to poor roads
- Plans to construct 1,500KM of roads this year before the long rains begin.
- We are tasked with maintenance of lorry parks, bus parks, street lighting & drainage of storm water.
- Rehabilitating mashambani stage, main stage,kinangop stage in Naivasha,Molo bus stage & later on Njoro bus stage and others.
- Rehabilitated Barnabas pipeline Lorry parking areas,Salgaa lorry parkin on the Mosop site,salgaa parking e.t.c
- Plans to upgrade Longonot lorry park,Kikopey lorry park are underway.
- Rehabilitating the Lanet-Njoro street lights tunnels in partnership with world bank through Kenya municipal program, and also pavement and street lights in Kanu street,Oginga Odinga street,Flamingo & general Kariba street.tt
- Inua Biashara Initiative-started by the governor.This is an initiative to light up all centres even those in villages.it was formerly known as Mulika Mwizi now it’s called Inua biashara. e.g Naivasha,Mai-Mahiu,Longonot. It’s ongoing in Nakuru i.e Shabaab,London,Njoro,Molo,Keringet,Olenguruone,Subukia.
- Those centres not powered by electricity, we are procuring for solar powered lights e.g Kanyoti
- Ministry tasked with design, documentation & implementation of all public buildings within the county, we service all other ministries with all technical advice in terms of buildings e.g health facilities have been procured through our office.
- Four Foot bridges currently under construction:-
– Mukinyai river foot bridge
– Piuve-kikapu foot bridge
- Fire fighting and disaster management