About the County Health Services:
The County Health Office, Nakuru is located in Nakuru Town, about 160 kilometres west of Kenya’s capital city Nairobi. It’s accessible through the road, rail and even by air using small chartered planes. Its housed in the former Provincial Commissioners’. The office is charged with the responsibilities of overseeing health related issues in terms of management, supervisory duties. The office is headed by a Minister. To assist him is a Chief Officer who in turn gets technical support from a County Director through a County Health Management Team (CHMT). The team comprises of a team of officers from various disciplines. These disciplines include the Nursing, Health Records & Information, Laboratories, Public Health among others.
Nakuru county citizens are served by the following facilities classified in the following tiers:
Tier 1 –
Tier 2 – 117 (Dispensaries)
Tier 3 – 21 (Health Centres)
Tier 4 – 7 (Hospitals)
The Ministry of Health – Nakuru County is responsible for promotion, regulation and provision of health care services to the people of Nakuru County and Kenya in general. The Ministry is committed to ensuring that the services are of quality and are accessible to every citizen.
A Healthy County
We provide integrated quality health services for all
To provide health services, create an enabling environment, regulate, set standards and policy for health service delivery.
• Policy Formulation and Implementation
• Preventive and Promotive Health Services
• Curative and Rehabilitative Health Services
• Standards and Regulations
• Monitoring and Evaluation of provision of Health care services
The Department is dedicated to espousing these core values as the guiding principles for the operations of the County:
We consistently endeavour to create enduring relationships with our customers; in so doing our approach goes beyond standard people participation methods and makes their input an integrated, formalized part of setting county projects/program goals, performance measures, and standards. At the heart of our activities is a county ready to provide solutions in the short and long term.
Competency and uncompromising service delivery is exuded in every facet of our work. We reward merit amongst colleagues while applying the most appropriate skills and competencies to serve our constituents. We apply the same ethics and ethos with our stakeholders.
Truthfulness and uprightness defines are an integral part of our operations. The county shall advocate these firmly to the ethical practices in every undertaking to our society.
Equity and Equality
We do not regard status or personal preferences but approach our work as guided by principles of fairness and non-bias.
Transparency and Accountability
The County endeavors to act in a transparent, unambiguous, predictable and understandable manner in all its businesses. We will remain accountable to our stakeholders and will acknowledge responsibility for our actions and decisions
Every person is important and has a part in county development. We endeavour to build a workplace environment that cultivates person’s uniqueness, encourages staff participation, collaboration and integration of diverse skills and capabilities.
Creativity and Innovativeness
We promote an innovative culture and attitude. We think differently and strive to apply innovative thinking and creativity to everything we do. Our county is open to new ideas and methods and we encourage individuals to explore new opportunities and improve performance and results
The county health ministry will articulate its vision of improving the performance of the health sector to achieve the following:
- Increased access to equitable health services
- Improved quality of services in the sector
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery
- Enhance regulatory capacity for effective health care delivery
- Foster partnership in improving health and delivering of services
- Improve the financing of health care services
- Ensure timely responsiveness to health needs of the population
- Ensure provision of ethical health care services
Health workers shall be guided by the following obligations:
• Promotion of healthy lifestyles
• Regulation of provision of health services
• Prevention of diseases
• Protection of the public against harm
• Coordination of provision of health services
• Provision of health services
• Customers at the reception areas will be served speedily and handled with respect.
• Respond to enquiries, written correspondence and e-mails promptly.
• Technical and complex enquiries will be acknowledged within five (5) days and addressed within fourteen days of the date of receipt.
We are committed to the following:-
• Equitable distribution of health services
• Timely service provision.
• Provision of quality service.
• Clients and public rights to information.
• Courtesy to clients.
• Non discrimination to clients.
• Confidentiality of client’s information.
• Privacy of clients care and treatment.
• Desist from any corrupt practices and preferential treatment of clients.
• Establish customer care centres in all facilities.
• Conduct regular customer surveys and publish reports.
• Citizens and other persons resident in the county and Kenya in general.
• Public and private organizations
• Faith based organizations
• Civil society and organizations
• Non governmental organization
• Development partners
• Foreign investors
Our customers will have the following rights:
• Right to life
• Right to care by qualified health provider
• Right to accurate information
• Right to timely service
• Right of choice of health provider/service
• Right to protection from harm or injury
• Right to privacy and confidentiality
• Right to courteous treatment
• Right to dignified treatment
• Right to continuity of care
• Right to personal/own opinion
• Right to emergency treatment any where
• Right to dignified death
Our customers will be expected to:-
• Engage in healthy life style.
• Seek treatment early.
• Seek information on illness and treatment.
• Comply with treatment and medical instructions.
• Be courteous and respectful to health workers.
• Help ministry to combat corruption by reporting any corrupt practices and refrain from seeking preferential treatment.
• Enquire about the related costs of treatment and/or rehabilitation and to arrange for payment.
• Care of health records in his or her possession.
• Respect the rights of other patients and health providers.
• Provide health care providers with the relevant and accurate information for diagnostic, treatment, rehabilitation or counselling purposes.
You can also visit the following sites for more updates on health issues
We welcome feedback and suggestions for improvement of our services.
Feedback from clients should be brought to the attention of the Chief Officer-Health or County Director of Health send an email through: firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
The County Health Office is located at former PC’s Building, Block B, 2nd Floor, Club Road, Nakuru. All visitors to the County Health Office are requested to report at reception desks either in Room 9 or 21 for all enquires.
County Health Office
Former PC’s Building, Block B, 2nd Floor,
Club Road, Nakuru.
P. O. Box 2060, Nakuru
Fax. 254-051- 2210350