- Pre-primary education
- Home Craft
- Child care facilities
- Village polytechnic
- Cultural services
- Control of Drugs and Pornography
- Public entertainment
- Public awareness
- Libraries excluding Kenya National Library services
- Management promotion of youth affairs
- Development and co-ordination of County sports.
- Promotion and development of County sports facilities
- County Culture promotion policy
- Management of County museums and monuments.
- Any other duty assigned by H.E. the Governor
- Performing arts e.g music as an art and music as entertainmentMusic as an art creates employment
- Dance– as leisure and as an industry –dance promotes our culture & heritage
- Drama – Film industry
- Visual arts-sculptures,paintings, constructon and reservation of monuments, handicrafts,curios,surveniors,calligraphy,graphicsThis is an industry with potential of self-employment
- Languages and Kenyan traditions– carry out research on tangile & intangible Kenyan heritage that gives meaning to our societies, we get tangible information from language experts,indigenous knowledge -wazees (known as community libraries)
- Environment and indigenous health– deals with herbalists i.e train them and organize workshops for capacity building.
- Botanical gardens –Preservation of indigenous plants